Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma showed off the game while Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto added commentary:
I’m speechless. Here’s what we saw:
1. The map is huge! Like, Dragonage: Inquisition huge. With high cliffs, an ocean, lots of land to cover, and an enormous map, this game is looking like the best Zelda yet! You can set markers on the map, etc.
2. Your horse doesn’t run into trees! It appears that when you pick a destination, your horse moves for you, and it allows you to take over the controls of the camera, and weapons, without having to also control the horse. It makes gameplay a lot simpler, and without crashing into things every so often, it certainly feels a lot more realistic. Either that or it auto-avoids trees. It was unclear.
3. You can vault off your horse, and you move in slow motion, allowing you to fire an arrow while in the air. This could have a lot of applications for gameplay. Solving puzzles, gliding in the air, fighting enemies, striking switches, etc. The possibilities are endless.
4. Speaking of gliding, you get a sail cloth, like in Skyward Sword. In this game, you can leap off cliffs and travel great distances by holding onto a sail cloth and gliding. The video shows link sailing across a large gap. This could come in handy!
5. They mention the release of a new Star Fox before this game hits (which is big news, that game has had zero press since E3), Majora’s Mask 3D will hit before THAT, with this game coming out later next year. So many reasons to own Wii U and 3DS (Besides Smash Bros, Pokemon, Wind Waker HD, and all the other big name Nintendo titles).