Quick rundown of the 2014 Video Game Awards:
1. Arkham Knight should have gotten most anticipated game of the year, not Witcher 3. Heck, even Uncharted 4 should have gotten it first.
2. Why was Hearthstone nominated for Game of the Year? Good thing Dragon Age: Inquisition got it. The game is sick. The game sports over a dozen of the biggest maps (Overall, the game dwarfs the Elder Scrolls games for best RPGs), and over 200 hours of gameplay to complete, the game earned the award. EARNED IT.
3. Nintendo, finally getting some recognition again, by winning Developer of the year! With Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, and all the other top-tier games this year, it’s about time someone showed them some love again, especially going up against Blizzard, Telltale, Monolith, and Ubisoft Montreal. The only company that should have any claim to developer of the year on that list, is Blizzard, with Hearthstone and Diablo III. Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs should win for glitchiest game of the year, and the Assassin’s Creed titles should win for “Worst Sequels Ever.” Call it a day on that franchise, guys. It’s dead.
4. With South Park: The Stick of Truth being nominated for Best Narrative, you know the competition is stiff. Two (count em two!) Telltale Games made the cut in this category as well, with The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 2. It took a game I had never heard of, Valiant Hearts: The Great War to take that category. From what I’ve seen of the game, it deserves the award. I’m glad to see such an interesting title win an award. The game is inspired by letters written during the Great War and has four characters on the battlefield help a young German soldier find his love in this story about survival, sacrifice and friendship. Sounds like an interesting narrative to me!
6. Far Cry 4 stole best shooter (it was the amount of nudity in the game, I can just feel it). With Wolfenstein, Call of Duty, Titanfall, and Destiny as your competition, Far Cry 4 beat some stiff competition. The games in the category are all highly regarded in the genre, and I’m glad Far Cry got it over Call of Duty.
Playstation X/Video Game Awards Trailers
The most disappointment the internet has felt since… probably ever. Not a remake, Final Fantasy VII on PS4 is a port of the PC version.
This game looks beautiful. I’d love to get my hands on it.
These are some pretty disappointing trailers to come from Sony’s Playstation X. Did the Video game awards get all the good trailers? Let’s see:
So far, yes.
These were the ones that I thought were the best. There were more, but mainly for games that have had a huge following, multiple trailers released, etc. Can’t wait to get my hands on a few of these!